- We have twin children who are allergic/intolerant to food and who have spent the majority of their lives really sick. God’s provision was not supernatural healing, but insurance coverage for “liquid gold" and then later the GAPS healing protocol.
- When the kids were babies we operated our family with one car – not as though we didn’t need two – with the number of doctor appointments for the children. Provision was loading up twin babies most mornings and driving Shawn to work so that we would have the car during the day. (Later provision was God GIVING us a 1999 Saturn, but that is a different story really.)
- Today with a little over a dozen special foods for the children, we don’t make enough money to feed them, but by the grace of God they have never gone without a single need.
- At this point, we literally don’t have the money to provide a safe living environment for the medical needs of our family and yet we are living in a safe environment as we speak. God’s provision was to move us in with my in-laws.
- A year ago Shawn finished his undergraduate degree and not for lack of trying he has still not been able to get a better paying position within his company. Somehow I am sure this is part of the Lord's provision for our family.
- First, these are good people – they don’t come any better.
- Second, they love the Lord and they do not make hasty decisions.
- Third, they are invested in our lives – as the parents of my brother’s wife – and as friends of my family and me since I was a kid. Simply put, they love us.
- Lastly, in addition to the above facts, I also know that they gave us there home in a time when my family needed a place to live for a price that was a fraction of the market rent. This was a gift.
We knew it was time to move on. In my spirit I heard the words of a song, “the Lord has promised good to me…” I heard this as the song of the Lord to my heart – a promise in this situation.